Today’s post is a quick one showing how I decorated a plain wooden soldier that I picked up from my craft store. I used my gorgeous DecoArt Glamour Dust glitter paints to create a magical sparkly finish.
- I removed the soldier’s arms to make it easier to paint (don’t worry, they can easily be glued back in place at the end!) I gave everything a coat of acrylic paint as a base and allowed to dry before continuing.
2. Next I gave the arms, body, boots and hat a few coats of glitter paint, allowing to dry between layers. I also added some coarse textured modelling paste to resemble snow on the base.
3. I wanted the ‘snow’ to sparkle so added some iridescent Craft Twinkles.
4. Gold ribbon, cord and some tiny black buttons were used as fun accents to his outfit. I used a Posca pen to draw his eyes on.
5. Now he is a pretty sparkly Christmas decoration standing proudly on the shelf!
I am entering the following challenge: